Wednesday 22 June 2016

A Bertie-less walk...



As I mentioned in my last post, I haven't been feeling too great lately. (On Monday Gail thought I was getting better, but I haven't been wanting to eat, or do much at all these last couple of days and I'm told another vet visit may be in the offing).

So anyway, I would like to consult my readers on an important matter -  the appropriate behaviour to be expected of one's human carer when she (or indeed he) is faced with a poorly pup. I raise the question because, in my opinion, Gail's response to my indisposition has so far been less than satisfactory. Borderline unacceptable, in fact.

For example: We  journeyed over to Torridon late on Friday and I was still feeling a little queasy on Saturday morning so, after a brief sniff around the garden, I retreated to a comfy berth on the sofa.

I was imagining that Gail might stay beside me for the rest of the day, to mop my fevered brow and so forth. In retrospect, I guess I was mistaking her for a patient, caring person who might have considered nursing as a profession. That person is not Gail.

"Well Bertie, it's a beautiful sunny day, such as we rarely enjoy in these parts. It would be a shame for both of us to stay in, wouldn't it? Since you look quite settled, I think I'll leave you there on your own for a while and go for a walk along the coast. See you in a couple of hours or so. I'll tell you what, I'll take my camera so you'll have some pictures to put on your blog."

And off she went.

Let me tell you, I was all for refusing even to look at her photos, much less include them in this post. But then I was reminded that it is the EU 'in or out' vote in the UK this week, and that some readers - at least the British ones - might be anxious about the result, and would appreciate the opportunity to spend a few moments contemplating scenes from the UK of great beauty and tranquility, after all the ugliness of the referendum campaign.

22 comments:

  1. Bertie - Demand endless attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bertie, we're sorry to hear you still aren't feeling too well. You must make Gail realise that when a chap's not a 100%, he needs TLC and constant nursing.
    What a beautiful part of Scotland you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bertie Bertie Bertie! Poor you being so poorly and of course it's good weather. Perhaps this is Gail's way of coping with your illness and all the worry that comes with it. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scenery IS beautiful, but definitely lacking something.....hmmmmm, A hansome WFT. We are glad Gail didn't decide to go into nursing, definitely the wrong profession for her. She should have been RIGHT there with you in case you had a relapse. Should we call the RSPCA?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT?!? I cannot beleaf she went off without you! Shouldn't she have carried you around the walkies so that you could get some fresh air and sun on your furs...the bestest medicine of all?
    I do hope you are on the mend now Bertie, even with Gail's dire nursing skills
    Loves and healing licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey Bertie ... What's with Gail??? I bet you've ALWAYS been there for her when she's been crook, aye??? If I were you I'd spew on her. Fair dinkum ... She left you in your hour of need???? I'm dumbstruck!!! I couldn't even look at her dumb pictures. Are you ok, mate? I'm worried about you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am contemplating how Teka would react if Muzzer or Dad left her alone in her hour of need! It would not be pretty and would involve small piles or puddles strategically placed near entrances or exits. Tell Gail she should treasure you for your sweet personality and not take advantage of your weakened state to go lacking about. Remind her of what happened to " James, James, Morrison ' s mother."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had all forgotten about James James Morrison Morrison - thanks for the reminder - and the warning! Now I will have the poem ringing in my ears all afternoon. Cheers, Gail.

      Delete
  8. She left you in your time of need - abandoned you so SHE could enjoy the sunshine - so not right :) We hate to admit it but a trip to the dogtor sounds like a good idea - not eating for days is never good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We usually hang out with the pups! I don't have a lot of fun without them so a walk without them seems strange.

    Monty, Harlow and Ramble

    ReplyDelete
  10. SHE left you at your time of extreme need? She should have been there... cooking Chicken and Rice fur you and applying cooling and comforting compresses and gentle massages. WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?
    We think that SHE deserves 87 demerits fur this hideous Lack of empathy... butt she surely did take some lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bertie I am so very sorry you and your high flying Terrier tail are feeling so poorly. Goodness me I hope by now you have a remedy that is working.

    OK NOW TO GIVE YOU MY TWO CENTS ON GAIL'S ABANDONMENT OF AN AILING PUP. THE LEAST SHOULD COULD HAVE DONE WAS TO DRENCH HERSELF IN A BUCKET OF WATER TO MAKE YOU THINK IT STARTED RAINING.
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFF SENDING TONS OF HEALING KITTY KISSES!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMD, the BETRAYAL!! I think you need to spend some time contemplating the best pawsible punishment for such behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no Im sure she didnt enjoy it much soon youll be back to bouncing at her side

    ReplyDelete
  14. She needs to NOT leave the house and make you boiled rice and boiled chicken. Also pet your head as needed
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hot diggity, I know you'll be walking before long!

    Your friend,
    Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  16. How dare Gail go out and enjoy that nice weather without you?? I hope she at least open the curtains so you could see the sunshine!!

    Feel better real soon Bertie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our Lady is about as good a nurse for humans, she may be better with us. We hear she did a good job with our angel brother Loki . . . but we think she would leave us too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Bertie,

    First of all, we hope you feel better soon!

    Second of all, that is completely unacceptable! The nerve! I cannot believe it! At the very least, if your person walks without you she shouldn't TELL you about it! Good grief!

    So - get better soon!

    Licks,
    Cobi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hari om
    ....SAY WHAT???!!!... the wummin clearly is not taking your ailment seriously and ought to be cofined to her kennel fur at least 87 hours, regard!ess of shining sky balls. That said, the piccies are rather beatific... hugs and POTP YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMD!! Whut da woof?? She left YOU?? LEFT YOU???

    I finks ya needs to leave her a "present" in her slippers er sumthin'.... it could come outta either end... don't matter, I fink she'll git yer drift.

    Shure hope ya feels better, Bertie.... and no, I didn't evfun sneak a peek at dose beeyoutifull pics... I mean lousy pics of whutevfur she took a picfur of...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bertie. My mom does that, too. I mean, "work" is one thing - it seems to have something to do with being able to buy dog food or something - but just to walk for the pleasure of a beautiful time spent out doors. It just makes me want to bite something. Just sayin'...

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete